Sunday, September 10, 2006

Maybe one reason I love the new Dylan is that he's classing up the crassly irrelevant mediocrity of House of Blues/Saturday Night Live Band/Eric Clapton whiteboy blues.

Stuff I haven't given a damn about for years.

Eric Clapton is a...

Litebeercommercial

Then Dylan comes
swinging down low on his
sweet satellite radio contract to
carry us home in some weird ass lingerie

(kinky mustache)

& puts his own shimmering
silver
slurring cowboy
professor pimp spin on it

and you realize that the problem was never the wood, it was the rocking chair.

Number one record, baby!

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are the one who recommended the Dylan documentary to us. I gave it to Jon for his birthday. It is really good.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger pete. said...

I'm glad you like it! I also loved the first volume of his memoir, "Chronicles."

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger jonnynono said...

Yes, the documentary was good, and it made kind of remember that I like him, when I hadn't really even thought about him in years. And what I've heard from his newest I like better than anything he's pushed out since I was, like, 6. Haven't read Chronicles, though. Maybe I will.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sean Nelson said...

"There's always been something dead inside of Eric Clapton."

-D.C. Berman

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger bladio said...

I love Layla. I can't help it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home