Wednesday, June 20, 2007

PMP'n

Yesterday at my new job they re-launched this database that they've been working on for a long time. I logged on eagerly and attempted to update some social security income amounts, but it wouldn't let me. I called the support guy. Support guy fiddled for a minute with me over the phone before declaring: "It's a tab problem!" I logged off and few minutes later found an email in my inbox--sent to everyone who uses the database--saying: "Because Pete Miller has found the first bug on the database... this patch will be named the Pete Miller Patch, or the PMP." Now I thought, gee, that's kinda cool, but I wasn't prepared for the reaction of this other support guy who works in my office: He beamed! I beamed! It's nice to recieve an honor, even if it's a really nerdly one that you earned through no talent of you own.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ash said...

That's awesome Pete! :) Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger bladio said...

i'm proud that you found a bug!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger watie said...

You know, it and you will be known as "PIMP"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home