Friday, March 09, 2007

Gross Story

Tuesday at the doctor's, waiting to get jabbed with anti-tetanus and tested for various nasty things because I cut my hand at work whilst it was submerged in a sink full of vomit (I was wearing gloves, the sink was clogged, I was trying to unclog the sink, "Somebody puked in the sink," the metal drain stopper was busted and twisted and sharp), I heard one nurse say to another in the hall, "Michael Jackson was charging thirty five hundred dollars for thirty seconds of face time. Not a minute, thirty seconds!"

I think I'm going to try to get a Masters in Mental Health Counseling at Antioch. In April I'll start my first pre-requisite class as Seattle Central: Abnormal Psych. Now, I never even took Psych 101 in college, but if I can't ace Abnormal Psych I haven't been going to work the last eight years. And if that's the case, how am I going to pay for Sweden?

Q: What's the difference between an MFA in Poetry and and an Masters in Counseling?

A: Um, exposure to vomit?

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger momster said...

Pete! I think that is such a great plan-you will be really good at that. As for the vomit and abnormal psychology, I think that could be considered good preparation for parenting.

P.S. I thought everyone had to take Psych 101!

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is very gross. I actually told my parents about it, it was so disturbing...

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Ash said...

Wow - that is gross! If I was in your shoes I would have thrown up in the sink full of throw up. That's great you are going to continue your education! Way to go Pete!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger mosugs said...

i know what you mean. in my poetry section at school someone puked at least once a class.
oh, wait, maybe you meant it the other way around...
hmm...
Pete! UUUUG! sink of puke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home