Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's been a while since I posted, but I was writing a novel. 50,000 words! Whew. Now I'm re-reading it, and so far it makes sense. The prose is lame, but the thing moves forward and there's something to build on. Now comes the years of revision. Big congrats to my cohorts Dup, Tina, and Lia for finishing as well. It was exciting... Lia really kicked it hard at the end, 14,000 words in the last four days I think. Wow, that's tough. If you've ever had Paperback Writer stuck in your head, you should try this next year. NaNoWriMo.

But I wasn't just novelling, I was also having a great time with Carolyn's family (including Momster and Jonnynonoin CO. Snow! It was gorgeous. And we managed to miss the insane Seattle snow where everyone freaked out.
******************************************
Last night I saw Joanna Newsom at the Showbox and I'm still jawdropped. Best saw and harp duet this week.

So far.
*******************************************
Did everyone else realize that Jessica Walter, the mom on Arrested Development played the psycho in Play Misty for Me??

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on writing a novel!!!

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your novel! That is awesome. :-)

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shannon Perry said...

Hey, are you going to post some pages of that novel here, or what? Congrats. That's some amazing work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home