Sunday, February 26, 2006

Junkie


I thought I was a late comer (latecomer? late-comer?) to this, and I am, relatively, but I have turned on three people in the last twenty four hours to the infuriatingly addictive youtube so I'm bloggin' 'bout it dammit.

The amazing mystery genius who is dashblankdash (click that link now) posted some d.i.y madness on there, and forwarded me a killer Sun Ra link, but I hadn't really explored the site till Saturday. Tons of classic Leonard Cohen, Dylan, Black Sabbath... They even countless Beatles clips (how on earth do they get away with that?) And Django Reinhardt. And Os Mutantes on Brazilian TV in the '60's. And Richard Nixon resigning the presidency. And. And. And, shit, I dunno, MC Hammer resigning from the House of Pancakes (that's my main problem with it--as happens too often at the CD Shoppe I go blank when trying to think of a name to type in).

This seems too good to last (bladio tells me that the Narnia Rap already got yanked) so check it out.

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Oh yeah--there's a ton of cool Dylan stuff on there! I watched his 1991 Lifetime Achievement Grammy thing the other day...classic.

I'm betting that the Narnia rap thing got taken off because SNL is now selling sketches on iTunes...but things that aren't really copyrighted will probably stay up there for a while...

by the way, "Amazing Mystery Genius" is the greatest thing I have ever been called in my entire life.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger DK said...

i just spent an hour on that site - some guy at work sent me something from it. i can't wait to get home and spend another couple of hours exploring - thanks for some suggestions. it's video.google.com on steroids.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger DL said...

yeah.
I haven't stopped watching Bjork videos for the last three days !

Almost done... pfeew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home