Sunday, November 06, 2005

Techncial Difficulties

Poem 7 is back in the shop. Product recall. All the poems I've posted on here so far have been worked to death on paper--I saw all I could see for the time being. But the computer screen offers a totally different perspective, literally a different
angle, than the page, allowing me to see the poems anew. That happened with this last, now deleted, poem... Some major design flaws right there in the first few words of the weirdo first stanza, overlong and chunky and...in need of some Monday morning kitchen table coffee work-work. So I'll do that tomorrow and slap it back up here, see if it sticks.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

I agree. Seeing your poems on a blog or on a webzine allows you to catch things that you overlook on the page.

When my Web de Sol chapbook came out this summer I found so many things to tweak. Line breaks. Phrasing. Even the shape of two poems. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home