Monday, October 27, 2008

Don't forget to watch Obama Wednesday night.

Can you believe this thing is almost over? I'm sad to not be going to the actual polls, but people have convinced me that it's better to do mail-in. That way I can relax a little, not worry about lines, or being late for work, or broken machines, or not being able to focus all day because I can't wait to vote. Did anyone else see that study about car accidents increasing on election day? Makes sense to me--talk about anxiety. But it's very exciting, and I'm feeling good about the polls. I just wonder if the LOSERS will accept that Obama won (please please please win--I am NOT counting my chickens). Get ready for the bullshit voter fraud allegations...

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger DK said...

I've got our TiVo set for Wednesday night. I'm really curious about the format as well as the content.

As far as counting chickens goes... I feel like I have to hold my breath for a week.

PS - my word verfication is "nowwomb". That's odd.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ash said...

I love absentee voting. So much easier!

I printed out a map so DK and I can fill in states as the results come in.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger momster said...

I am a vote-on-the-day person. But my polling place has never had a line, and I'm lucky because I can go in the middle of the day. I love the feeling of walking in there and knowing that my vote is getting counted THAT VERY DAY! And, who knows, maybe even actually making a difference in this election! (Nebraska is typically red, but Omaha has a chance of getting us one Obama vote from Nebraska.)Plus I like wearing my 'I voted today' sticker all around town.
Keep your eyes on Nebraska on election night and keep your fingers crossed.
BTW, my neighbor thinks Obama is a Muslim (not that there is anything wrong with that) and that if he wins, she will see her granddaughters in burqas. This is what we are dealing with, people.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger NuclearToast said...

I mailed in my absentee ballot this past weekend. I read an article that we might not get true vote counts for a while with the huge number of absentee ballots in Washington state.

Paper maps, Ash? Use one of the sites from my election monitoring post.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted early Friday. I stood in line for 2 hours. This is the first time they have predicted Virginia will go dem in a mi llion years. I had the biggest smile on my face when i walked out of there. i never felt so good in a public place before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home