Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"The writing was on the wall when they built the senior center right next door."

In case you haven't heard, The Crocodile closed suddenly two days ago. I want to start a list of
all the great concerts I saw there but I know it will be incomplete. I guess the only concession is that I go to so few shows these days, and The Croc was there when I was heading out young. Last time I was there was for the Meat Puppets, a couple months back, so I'm glad it ended on a high note (or a garbled low note). Neumos and Chop Suey have been getting much better bookings for a while now, but Neumos is too big and I'm not wild about the set up at Chop Suey. Forget the Showbox, I've been avoiding that place for years. Ah well. Rock n Roll. Time to make that list of shows.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger NuclearToast said...

The end of an era, to be sure. Hard to believe it only opened in 1991; the Croc seems as Seattle-old as Pioneer Square itself.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ash said...

Sad - I wonder where I Heart Rummage will move to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home